Forums
May 20, 2024, 03:02 PM

Author Topic: Game #72700, Reported by SnipeR`  (Read 11044 times)

Offline nino

Re: Game #72700, Reported by SnipeR`
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2011, 01:45 AM »
i love elite.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 01:47 AM »
Ahh ok.

So does this script make anyone who uses it become a better roper?  No.  But it looks like an average / good roper could practice with it and find ways to take advantage of it.  I mean, if it didn't help then why would these people use it.  In the right hands this could be classed as a cheat.

The most important thing though is how uncool is it to use a script.

No one can take a roper seriously if they use a script.  Any win instantly becomes less credible if a script was used and it's not nice for the opponent either.

Why would someone want to take away all respect for them by using 'stabalisers' for their roping?

Offline Camper

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2011, 02:00 AM »
I dont wanna respect for my playing, I just wanna respect for my spirit

Offline Guaton

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 03:27 AM »
XD

Offline darKz

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2011, 04:18 AM »
What I got out of this thread is:

I'm using fr on 2 spaces with Intes Keychange, a widely known remap tool in our community. If I happen to press my 2nd space while the 1st one is still being pressed, nothing would happen. I've trained fr for years to get this timing right and I still have a fail tap in ocassionally.

SnipeR is using fr on multiple spaces with this AHK script. He doesn't have to worry about the timing with his fingers because the script sets the delay of his spaces to 0 upon pressing (not releasing!) either of the space keys. So his taps are much more reliable with a lot less effort.

So personally I'd call this script a cheat.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Maciej

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 04:24 AM »
What I got out of this thread is:

I'm using fr on 2 spaces with Intes Keychange, a widely known remap tool in our community. If I happen to press my 2nd space while the 1st one is still being pressed, nothing would happen. I've trained fr for years to get this timing right and I still have a fail tap in ocassionally.

SnipeR is using fr on multiple spaces with this AHK script. He doesn't have to worry about the timing with his fingers because the script sets the delay of his spaces to 0 upon pressing (not releasing!) either of the space keys. So his taps are much more reliable with a lot less effort.

So personally I'd call this script a cheat.

I agree with you in 100%
applaud!

Offline Maciej

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 04:33 AM »
rofl, I have already read how it works! I will check it at home yet buahahaha

Camper, even best kb (like mine on which I wasted a lot of money) doesn't take off the delay you are talking about here! It's simply cheat!

While I have to concentrate at my taps, to not make any mistake by pressing 2 spaces at once (other way I fall because it doesn't react, or I don't leave the rope while shadow), train my taming for all hours long, he just presses 3 spaces like mad.

Where is the logic? Where is the timing arrows - space? It's clearly cheat because makes your roping easier, and I will check it really guys, should be today later at home so be sure! xD

Offline Crazy

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 04:38 AM »
Anyone with some actual knowledge explain what the script does please? :P

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

This script is like drugs in cycling`s Tour de France! We must fight it, but every year there is some new things hard to discover

Offline Anubis

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2011, 08:11 AM »
I have tested it, while doing a 2 Finger FR it doesn't do anything since I have them timed very well. One goes up, one goes down etc.
While doing a 3 Finger FR you will see a little impact, it depends on your timing that you had before, I for example can time my 3 Finger FR pretty good cause I play guitar, but not perfect since I preferred 2 Finger FR in W:A for years now. Well and 4 Finger FR you will notice it a lot. I couldn't try 5 Finger cause well... ctrl, windows, alt and then spacebar is workable. Can't quite reach alt gr though. xD

If it's cheat or not?! I don't know, it removes the technical delay which is removed in other games anyway. W:A is an old game and things like this are pretty normal in current games that you can perform the same action even if you have still a certain key pressed down mapped with the same action. (3D Ego Shooter, MMORPG, 3D Strategy games etc)

If it would be patched into W:A by Cybershadow it would probably be awesome, remember it's not like you press space and get 2 or 3 space bar presses out of it. Every press is done by the human, nothing is multiplied by any external program. It's just more accurate. I had a long discussion with DarK about this already (who showed me this) and it's probably more of a morale decision than an actual definition of cheating.

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 09:22 AM »
This really goes beyond the bounds of any kbs; since every kb has some kind of debouncing mechanism and some delay, it should be considered a cheat. I don't think CS should include something like this since it makes fr more challenging, and doesn't bode well with the history of WA. Personally I'd like to codify a set of rules for kb usage in WA so people stop coming up with questionable ideas like this.

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 10:33 AM »
ahh this is thät dämn crap script and i know that there r more ppl who uses this shit rofl. now i know why some guys know nothing about timing and never miss taps jaja
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:37 AM by NinjaCamel »
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Anubis

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 11:38 AM »
This really goes beyond the bounds of any kbs; since every kb has some kind of debouncing mechanism and some delay, it should be considered a cheat. I don't think CS should include something like this since it makes fr more challenging, and doesn't bode well with the history of WA. Personally I'd like to codify a set of rules for kb usage in WA so people stop coming up with questionable ideas like this.

Cody, most modern keyboards have a very short debouncing mechanism, in fact there are already keyboards similiar to touchscreens where you just need to touch instead of pressing. We ain't living in the 90's anymore with huge keyboards that weight 10kilogram. I highly doubt an input device such as a keyboard can be classified as no-cheat/cheat depending on it's delay or debouncing. Sure this script does go a little too far, but as I said already this is a pretty common feature of modern games and W:A is just lacking it just how W:A was lacking high resolution back then or was (I think) limited to 30fps.

Offline Husk

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2011, 12:05 PM »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 12:13 PM »

They are expansive but they are the most accurate keyboards that you can get. Though it will take some time to make them viable for normal customers but this will be the future so better practice now or be too late! ;)

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2011, 12:35 PM »
I have tested it, while doing a 2 Finger FR it doesn't do anything since I have them timed very well. One goes up, one goes down etc.
While doing a 3 Finger FR you will see a little impact, it depends on your timing that you had before, I for example can time my 3 Finger FR pretty good cause I play guitar, but not perfect since I preferred 2 Finger FR in W:A for years now. Well and 4 Finger FR you will notice it a lot. I couldn't try 5 Finger cause well... ctrl, windows, alt and then spacebar is workable. Can't quite reach alt gr though. xD

If it's cheat or not?! I don't know, it removes the technical delay which is removed in other games anyway. W:A is an old game and things like this are pretty normal in current games that you can perform the same action even if you have still a certain key pressed down mapped with the same action. (3D Ego Shooter, MMORPG, 3D Strategy games etc)

If it would be patched into W:A by Cybershadow it would probably be awesome, remember it's not like you press space and get 2 or 3 space bar presses out of it. Every press is done by the human, nothing is multiplied by any external program. It's just more accurate. I had a long discussion with DarK about this already (who showed me this) and it's probably more of a morale decision than an actual definition of cheating.

::)
Your favorite ropers favorite roper